Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wisconsin Dells

This weekend Jeff, Savannah, and I all got loaded into the car and went on a 3 hour drive. Destination: Wisconsin Dells. The plan was to surprise Jeff's mom for her 50th birthday. She just so happened to have called me on Friday night asking me what our weather was doing down here. I remained nonchalant on the phone but inside I was bursting to tell her the exciting news. I asked her what she had planned for the weekend. She replied with a list of "to do" items that she had lined up before Thanksgiving. I got off the phone and told Jeff "your dad is going to have a hard time getting your mom out of the house this weekend. She has a list."

Upon arriving at Wisconsin Dells at the cabin that was rented for us to stay at for the weekend Jeff's mom was definitely surprised. His dad on the other hand had to drive a person 2.5 hours that was getting more agitated that her list was not getting done. That was until she saw all of us waiting for her on the end of her road trip. What a surprise!! Whewww I for once didn't spoil the surprise. I am quite proud of myself.

We went out for lunch at Famous Dave's where Savannah decided to share more of herself with me than I had planned. She has had a cold the last couple days. Well at the restaurant she started choking on her phlegm and ended up throwing up all over. My reaction was to stick my hands out to catch it but my hands weren't big enough when she kept going. I felt so bad for the waiter. I had one of those you know your a mom when...you catch your child's puke but just go wash your hands and return to the table to finish your meal.  Savannah slept most of the weekend. Her cold really did her in along with her teething. I can't wait till those teeth pop through. She is so miserable. For instance, she took an hour nap on Grandma's chest today, 2 hour nap at the water park, 3 hour nap on the way home, and oh by the way she is taking another nap right now. Poor little girl.

Wisconsin Dells just really hit the spot this weekend. It was so nice to just spend time as a family. No work. No interruptions. No one but family. It was something that Jeff and I had been missing out on for the past month. Jeff put his arm around me and says it feels like we haven't spent time together for a month. Um thats because that's how long its been. Between working weekends, helping dad roof his house, deer hunting, and more work its just taken up a lot of "our" time. Savannah wasn't as excited about the water as I wanted her to be. I can't blame her though. She will like it next time when she's not so sick. I think we may take her to a waterpark in Green Bay when we are there next week. I haven't gotten my satisfacation of seeing her splashing in the water yet with her new swim suit. I just happened to have it overnighted to make sure she had one for the waterpark. All in all it was so nice to get away for a weekend. I can't wait till next week when we get to do it longer. It always goes by way too fast.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture! and the mental picture of puke in the hands, good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's starting to become a routine sadly.

    ReplyDelete