Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Regrets

It is now deer hunting season. I should count my blessings and remember that it is only one week out of the year but for some reason I dread this time. And I am only on the second year of it. I have the rest of my life to look forward to "this time of year." I have established boundaries to this new found hobby though. The deer will not be hanging in my yard (umm gross), I will not eat the meat (gross again), and I don't want to hear about the details of what the inside of the deer looked like (every woman is agreeing with me now...GROSS). He just tells me I need to be more supportive (roll of eyes). I thought letting him purchase the gun was enough support on my end. I did however make him a warmer vest, which I will be improving upon next year, and I made him a blanket because I can't have my Prince Charming getting cold.

I'm really regretting letting him have this hobby. It's one more expense, its one more thing that takes time away from each other, and I just don't like the idea of shooting a deer. The other part of me is saying that he needs his time to be outside and be with the guys. Work demands so much of his attention that it's hard not to get a little jealous especially when you are at home and just waiting for him to come home. Waiting for your best friend to spend time with you and talk to you. It's only natural to get jealous when they take time away from the one you love.

Jeff has his interview on December 1st. It's becoming more and more real the closer it gets. Praying for a positive change!

No comments:

Post a Comment