Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vacation Part 2

I can't believe it's already Wednesday. This vacation is going by way too fast. But what vacation doesn't!? Jeff and I are getting some much needed family time together. On Monday I didn't change a single diaper. That has never happened in the past 6 1/2 months. I realized that I hadn't changed one once I got to bed. Oh it's so nice to have helpers.

Monday Jeff and his dad worked on getting trains up. His dad has a train set he sets up every year with Department 56 houses. It was a train set passed down to him. A family tradition. Savannah and I stayed upstairs and just relaxed. So far my vacation has not been about taking naps or sleeping in. Actually it's quite the contrary. I have not slept past 7am this whole vacation yet. Savannah has insisted on getting up earlier than ever. And really isn't in the mood to take naps either. There's just so much going on. She doesn't want to miss anything.

Yesterday we met with Pastor Don to discuss the Baptism that's going to take place on Sunday. Jeff and I view it as a time when we stand up in front of everyone and say we will be raising this child as a child of God. I know everyone has their own interpretation of what baptism means to them. That's just how Jeff and I view it.

Last night as I was feeding Savannah her supper she fell asleep. I put her spoon in her food and put it up to her mouth to see her eyes close. Ok, sometimes your just too tired from playing and deciding your not going to take a nap that you have to crash. You can't party all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment