Monday, November 22, 2010

Vacation Part 1

I had not been feeling well the past week so on Thursday night we decided that we would skip going to the cities and just drive to Green Bay on Saturday morning. I started feeling somewhat better on Friday and got laundry done so figured that we would just head out after Jeff got off work. The first half of the drive was a breeze. Savannah slept the whole way so we stopped for supper in Tomah to give her a break from her car seat. When we got back in the car to start going for the rest of the journey, Savannah was very fussy in the backseat. Nothing seemed to soothe her. I would sing (poor Jeff) and that would take care of the problem for a little bit. (I told Jeff that we need a kids song cd very badly so that he wouldn't need to hear me sing off key the whole rest of the way). I needed a late night snack by the time we got to Green Bay so we stopped at a grocery store. I decided to stay in the car with Savannah. I stretched myself back to see her in her rear facing car seat to discover that she had puke all over the front of her. How long had she been riding with that? Poor girl. I know it couldn't have been more than an hour because I had gotten in the backseat with her for a while until she fell asleep again at 9 when we only had another hour and a half left of the drive.

We finally reached destination Gma and Gpa's house. I quickly got her out of the car and into some fresh air. She decided to throw up one more time before I put her in the bathtub to calm her nerves down and clean that smell off of her. When attempting to put her to sleep she wouldn't stop squirming. I know have learned that that's a signal I really should know by now. I picked her up from her pack n' play only to have her throw up once more on my clean pajamas. Well so much for packing enough clothes to get us through a few days before I would have to do laundry again. I don't know why she keeps getting sick on these road trips. Is it from riding in the car backwards? Is is from her anxiety of being stuck, strapped down for hours on end? (Anders and Lynsee, aren't you glad we weren't at your house now!) 

We have had a wonderful time so far. We have went shopping and Grandma has spoiled Savannah so much. Savannah I think is enjoying all the affections of love showering on her. All the attention goes right to Savannah. It's such a blessing to have a daughter and such wonderful family to share these moments with. Even though I have a car seat to scrub down now which I'm sure will not be the last time I need to do such a thing, I would not trade her for the world. There's so much more vacation time left and the 300 lb person inside of me cannot wait to eat a tasty meal on Thanksgiving.

So far I have gotten to eat:
cordon bleu
red velvet cheesecake
loaded fries
Papa Johns pizza

YUM!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. i too have scrubbed a car seat while on vacation. using a hose in March is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's miserable. Thank goodness car sickness is one ailment none of my children have been stricken with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one clean car seat now. Got a rag and some carpet cleaner. I don't mind so much cleaning it up as I feel so bad for her that she has to go through such a thing.

    ReplyDelete