Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Miss Independent

I am only slightly saddened to see my little girl growing up so fast. She is starting to explore her world more and want to do everything that mommy and daddy are doing.  I almost started tearing up tonight as I knew she was ready to take a bath without mommy in the tub for once. Grandma gave her a bath on Sunday morning all by herself but this time it was my turn. Maybe having Jeff working late tonight and being there all by myself made me realize what was really happening in front of me. She is really starting to grow up. She's not that colic infant that we brought home from the hospital. As much as I dreaded 6:30pm when she would break into her nonstop crying for the next hour or so, I really miss that. She is developing her own personality each day. It really is a blessing to be able to watch her grow up.

Tonight she threw a fit because Jeff and I were eating supper and she was not. This is the first time she has ever done this. She kept leaning her mouth in towards me and opening it wide. Then when it would go to my mouth instead of hers she would start fussing. I had to think really child, I just fed you. I fear what is to come when she really starts developing a personality. I have a feeling I will be chasing her around the store or getting her from underneath the clothes racks. She is going to be just like her mommy was as a child. Lord have mercy.

Last night I decided to try the cry it out method. She has decided to wake up every 2-3 hours once again. Right when I think I have her only waking up once or twice and I think that I have finally gotten over that hurdle she starts in again. I decided to ignore her once she woke up at 2:30. 45 mins later....still crying. I tried her pacifier, her mobile, and rubbing her head gently while she laid in her crib. No relief. Finally I got up to nurse her so that we could both get some sleep finally. I don't mind waking up at 12:30 or 5:30 but that in between is just a hard one to do for me. That's the good sleep :)I know that someday she will be ready to sleep through the night. Just now is not one of those times. Here's to hoping for a restful night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment