Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Adventures Ahead

In approximately 3 months (give or take) our lives will drastically change. We will not be living in Minnesota anymore. We won't be close to family. It will be just the three of us. Many family members have asked how I feel about the move seeing that I have never lived farther than 2 hours away from family. I think it will be a good change. It's not like we will never be coming back to the life that I've always known. It will really strengthen our marriage and family bonds because we only have each other to lean on.

Jeff will be transferring into Food Service Sales. Me being the wife, a.k.a cheerleader, wants nothing more than to make my husband happy. He wants to feel challenged and doing something that he's passionate about. Quality Control is a job that he can do and can do well. It's not his passion in life. He wants to sell Hormel to people and let people fall in love with the company. I really think that he feels that he is merely just fixing peoples mistakes all day long. It's been a great job for him and he has really gotten to know Hormel as a company so thoroughly that he wants to share that knowledge with other people.

I am not attached to my home in the least bit. When we moved here I knew that it was only a temporary move. When I'm painting or fixing something up nice I just tell myself some person is really going to enjoy this I hope. We will most likely have to downsize for about 6 months and store or sell some of our furniture. I know that the sacrifices we make right now will pay off in the long run. It's all just stuff anyways. I will keep you updated about where we will be moving to. We have been told of 4 potential spots but they haven't narrowed it down to one yet. It's going to be Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, or Seattle. Jeff and I are secretly hoping for Denver but we shall see. Denver will bring back the personalities that we once had. The love for outdoors that we have been missing so much since living in southern MN. Dad's secretly hoping for Denver too. He said he's planning his vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, any of those would be a really big move! I wouldn't mind if you moved to Chicago :) Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete