Sunday, October 17, 2010

Maybe she's a fish

It never ceases to amaze me that whenever Savannah is in a crabby mood all I have to do it take her in the bathroom and lay her on the floor. You would think that she just won the lottery. She's singing praises to me and squealing with delight. She's kicking like crazy and can hardly hold in her enthusiasm. The water gets turned on and her eyes begin to get bigger as I take off her onesie. Oh she smiles with delight, its just what I was hoping for.

This is in fact the only way we made it through colic. We knew when she was about to get her fussy time and would remember to get all the bath stuff ready. It was our only saving grace. I wasn't about to drive around for hours waiting for her to calm down. Bathtub seemed to work.

She gets in the tub and her excitement is finally unleashed as she splashes around for 15 minutes. After each big splash she looks at me for what my reaction will be. The bigger my reaction the bigger she was attempt to splash the next time. I don't know how I'm going to get her out of the tub when she is finally able to talk. Swimming may be in her future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment