Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bittersweet

Tomorrow will be my last day with having 2 kids in the house. I have been babysitting Liam, who is one, for the past 2 1/2 months. It was only on a temporary basis because starting November 1st he goes to daycare. Before Liam came along I really thought that I would be able to handle two children. I love having kids around and love all the chaos of life. I dream of having a big family. Although I went to college, that always seemed like a backup plan for me. I'm so fortunate to have a husband with a good job and understands the importance of having a parent at home with Savannah.

I believe God had a reason for sending me Liam. He taught me that I'm not ready for two children yet. I really enjoy spending time with my daughter and do not want to deprive her of her deserved attention. By the time Liam goes home for the day I'm exhausted. He is such a joy to have in our household. Savannah loves playing with him and feeling his hair. (someday she will grow more hair) They love talking back and forth to each other. It's so precious. But I know that going through colic and trying to establish a routine again with a newborn is something I'm not ready to take up. Savannah is a very happy baby now. Well not right now as she is teething and suffering from a pretty good case of diaper rash due to her teething. But for the most part she is a happy baby. She sits up now and plays with her toys. While giving her a bath last night I realized she was even starting to sit up in the tub alone now. It will be time for daddy to give her baths and enjoy that bonding that I have enjoyed so thoroughly since giving birth.

Well sounds like naptime is over. Onto my next adventure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment