Thursday, October 14, 2010

Road Trip

Jeff just called to inform me that he got the whole week of Thanksgiving off. Finally his 70-80 work weeks for the past month are starting to pay off. Someone I believe is seeing our sacrifice and knowing that we need family time together desperately. Savannah will be 6 1/2 months old by then so I'm sure that she will do spectacular on this road trip of ours.

Right when he told me about it, I started thinking about all the times I would need to pack. This is when my over organizational skills want to take charge. Most of the time I put them aside and deal with the everyday demands of life instead. I am truly an organizational freak at heart but just don't always have the time to do it. You know that commercial with the post-it labels, I glow from ear to ear when I see that commercial. I love the idea of totes all stacked neatly with everything labeled. That way when Jeff asks me where something is, I can proudly tell him EXACTLY where it is. I also love the idea of baskets that contain everything neatly on the shelf. This is why I just love watching HGTV when they stage houses. I love the idea of a house that doesn't look lived in. Hopefully I will get over that fantasy when I have more kids and more demands in life.

Anyways I start thinking about the pack n' play, all the outfits that Savannah will need, and how we are going to have one full car. And that's just for her! I thought about how much laundry I will have to do the days leading up to it and how much laundry I will have once we come back. Then I smiled thinking 'I'm sure glad that I don't have a job.' We have this ability to just travel without worrying if I will be able to get off too. Or the amount of time it would take me to complete the enormous pile of laundry that will accumulate after a week and a half gone. Can you tell I'm a little excited about a much needed family roadtrip!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment