Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New blog title!

Today is Carson's due date. We have been on our own now for a week. Really? Has it been a week already since the in-laws packed up and headed home? We are doing great with handling 2 kids. Savannah hasn't shown any jealousy yet. The days are running pretty smoothly with having Carson attached at my hip and Savannah attempting to open the fridge, cupboards, and dishwasher. I swear that child is half monkey and she will soon have a sidekick to copy everything she does. (insert happy dance here) My days are going so well with having 2 that I ventured out for our first grocery shopping trip. It required a baby carrier, fruit snacks, and a smile as people looked at us.

Carson has hit the stage of  "don't you dare put me down. I'm warning you. I may just scream if you do." Nevertheless, he does get put down. He does scream. And we all survive. He has been sleeping on my chest or cradled in my arms since coming home from the hospital. Yes you can all gasp at the horrible mom I am for co-sleeping with my child. Believe its best for everyone right now that one way or another mommy sleeps. Savannah slept on my chest for the first 3 weeks then moved  to just sleeping next to me. When she started rolling, she got moved into the pack n play next to our bed. She eventually made it to sleeping in her crib. It just took baby steps.

Savannah is very much into attempting to get herself dressed. The only drawer she likes to get into besides her shoes is the pajama drawer. Every morning I pick up a dozen pairs of pajamas. She of course can never fully get them on so she figures they are broken and reaches for another pair. Such a big helper. She gets more and more enjoyable everyday! I love my family of 4 and wouldn't trade this time for anything.

2 comments:

  1. I have a 28 month old and a 10 month old-it is trying, exhausting, but OH so fun! I love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going through the dozen pairs of pjs stage with Toby right now! Glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete