Monday, February 20, 2012

The Second Time Around

Bringing Carson home was a different feeling this time. With Savannah I had an overwhelmingness of how I was going to care for a newborn and about how life would be different. We were also in the middle of remodeling the house which added additional stress. Still we managed just fine and now almost 2 years later we brought home another addition to our family. This time around, I'm not anxious about how to care for a newborn. Instead I feel more guilt for bringing home another one and taking away all her attention. I keep reminding myself that is the reason why we had another one so that Savannah would have someone to play with in the future. It's just my body in restart mode trying to get all my hormones back in balance. I still feel extremely blessed to have 2 healthy children. That's all that really matters.

Getting Carson to breastfeed is much easier than Savannah. No baby ate as much as Savannah did. I have a harder time getting Carson to eat enough and Savannah would not let go. Two complete opposite types of babies. I could sit and nurse Savannah for an hour waiting for her to unlatch. Carson is done after 10-15 mins. I have a feeling that Carson won't gain weight as fast as Savannah did.

Now the challenges of learning to juggle two kids will start. Dividing my attention between the demands of a newborn and a toddler. Then of course you have that whole maintaining a marriage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment