Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting with anticipation

As we anticipate the birth of Raiders #2, I can't help but think how it feels like I have been pregnant forever yet the time has gone by so fast. Soon we will be celebrating Savannah's 2nd birthday (YIKES!). Soon we will be watching this next little one hit milestones as we did with Savannah. There will be first laughs, words, rolling over, crawling, walking, and much much more. Plus all the first time incidentals in life that us parents hate to admit such as when your baby rolls off the couch or bed for the first time. Time goes by way too fast.

As the anticipation builds time seems to slow down and the arrival isn't coming soon enough. Or maybe the fact that I have had braxton hicks contractions with this one for the past 2 1/2 months or so. Every little twitch I still wonder if this is it. I know that nobody has been pregnant forever and my time will come. It's still so much fun to build up the excitement for the day. It's such a good surprise in life when life doesn't give you very many of those anymore. I got a phone call today to remind me of my appointment on Friday and my heart sank a little. I was hoping I wouldn't need that appointment. My belly has gotten to the point where I have no idea where I'm going to fit anymore in. I can't tell if I have contractions anymore or if its the baby moving. I say enough is enough and am trying to encourage the little one to come out to meet us.

No comments:

Post a Comment