Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Cuddlers vs. the Non-Cuddler

Jeff asked last night before going to bed "where's Carson?" I responded with "in his crib." Jeff was amazed at my response for this time it wasn't a battle to get him out of my arms and into a bed of his own. With Savannah it was 3 months and the anxiety for me to put her in her own bed was just too much for me to bear. I ran scenarios in my head that the house would catch on fire and I wouldn't be able to get to her room in time. Oh by the way, her crib was about 12 feet away from my side of the bed. Little irrationally thinking on my party, I know! The only way Jeff could convince me at that time was to put the pack n play next to our bed. Everyone won until I was ready to move her into her crib.

Everyone wants to cuddle with me and be next to me. Me being a true Johnson in that aspect, I want nothing to do with cuddling. We have a king size bed so I can have my space and Jeff can have his. We can (ugh) cuddle when we want to and get our separate spaces when we want to. Again everyone wins. I have no problem putting Carson in his crib if it will get him to sleep longer. Also I have no problem putting him in there because its one less person touching me. Now with 2 kids, if feels like someone is touching me all day long. If it's not Carson nursing, its Savannah crawling up on my lap or throwing toys on me saying play with me. Savannah also crawls into our bed making it one more person that nestles her body up next to mine. I am the most in demand cuddler right now. I'm trying to end this cycle of all the cuddlers in our house before I go insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment