Sunday, March 18, 2012

Experience or Something Else?

Nurse, spit up, cry, sleep, poop, repeat. This is Carson's current schedule. Carson cries a lot throughout the day. He isn't the center of my attention like Savannah was when she was a baby. I have a toddler to take care of also that demands just as much attention so Carson gets put down. I sometimes don't even notice he's really crying. I have gotten so used to the sound of a crying child now that it doesn't bother me as much anymore. This has also taken affect with Jeff. He's not yelling at me in the car to get Carson to cry. When I get out of the shower, Jeff is consoling Carson with the pacifier and rocking him. He doesn't look at me with a panicked look anymore wondering what to do with the crying baby. You can say that we have settled into our roles quite nicely.

Carson to me is still easier than Savannah was despite all the up-at-nights and crying spells. Could this possibly be that I know how to handle the crying now or that I'm just used to holding a crying baby? I would like to think that my experience and expertise through Savannah has taught me how to console the crying baby. The knowledge and expertise on how to rock the baby a certain way would help me to deal with the fussier times. The pacifier also helps though :)

He is also for the most part sleeping in his crib. At ONE month! Not through the night but at least I can get a little more sound sleep without worrying about rolling over on a baby. They are certainly two blessings to me though. I never realized how much you can love something until those two came along. Love my little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment