Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We're Here Part 1

I have been anxiously awaiting to get Internet back so that I could fill everyone in on some details about our move. The packers coming was a little, umm, overwhelming to say the least. Trying to keep an eye on 3 people plus a child was challenging. I did end up forgetting a few things such as a coat for Savannah. Oops. She got a new spring coat out of the deal though. The drive went way better than either one of us anticipated. Taking it a couple hours at a time proved to be very effective. Savannah got a good fill of Baby Einstein from the back seat and also got a lot of good naps in since hotels are not a place for babies to have a good nights sleep nor mommy's. Besides the waking up every 2 hours in the hotel room, I couldn't have asked for a better transition.

Our family is becoming well acclimated with our surroundings. I thoroughly know my way to and from Target. I have spent a small fortune there replacing all the things that had to be thrown away because the moving company would not pack them. I finally got to buy Savannah her Shabby Chic curtains that I have been eyeing up. I can hardly wait for the curtain rods that are on the semi so I can hang them up tomorrow. Savannah is starting to get adjusted to living here too. She's not quite as fussy as she was initially and she is back to waking up only once at night. Aww, routine. It's times like these when you really start to appreciate routines. I think tomorrow will be like Christmas for Savannah. She will get all her toys back and especially her crib. I'm thinking a full nights sleep is ahead of myself. :) I will for once have a place to sit besides the floor to eat or just relax.

If it wasn't for all the painting I did today, I would have a hard time sleeping due to all the excitement but I'm exhausted. Exhaustion is far more powerful than my excitement right now. Will post more once I have some more energy.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're there and that you should be unloading all your things today. Soon it will feel like your own home and things will settle down. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete