Monday, March 28, 2011

A little of everything

I have been anxious to update my blog about something exciting that we have done in Massachusetts so far. I haven't been able to do that yet because we really haven't gotten out to do too much since its been a little chilly to walk anywhere in the city. We had high hopes to go to the aquarium in Boston and show Savannah all the cool animals but after Jeff standing in the cold, windy weather for an hour and getting to the ticket booth finally, he decided that he wanted to go when we would have more time there. By the time he got to the ticket booth, they would be closing in 2 1/2 hours. It was going to be a lot of money to get in for such a short time. We will try at a later date. We tried to walk around the downtown area for a little bit but it was just too cold. We weren't dressed for the weather as we were expecting to be indoors. At least I was able to see Boston and we all got out of the house for the afternoon.

We also found a church to attend yesterday. It was very easy this time around. I wish it would have been that easy in Austin. One church and it was meant to be. Jeff and I usually can not agree on one aspect of the service usually. When I like the music, he doesn't or when he liked the sermon, I really didn't. This church worked for both of us. There was even a song in the service that spoke to both of us. We looked at each other on the way home totally freaked out. This is the place that we are meant to be at right now.

We have also met some wonderful friends. They are newly married and expecting their first baby in June. So excited for them. Dan has been mentoring Jeff through this training. It's so great how everything has just clicked so far. Wendy (Dan's wife) is also a very down to earth person. They are both from MN. I just have to sit back in amazement at times how God works in our lives.

I will admit, at times I am heartbroken to be out here. Things like being reminded that Savannah will not be celebrating her birthday with all her family around her high chair singing happy birthday to her as she dives for her cupcake. This weekend I felt sad that I couldn't be at home with my cousin Emily. We grew up 5 miles from each other and would frequently ride our bikes back and forth to each others houses. Our lives would drift apart every now and then but whenever they came back together, we would pick up right where we left off. She had a c-section on Friday and I'm not able to visit her in the hospital. I'm not able to wrap my arms around her and tell her that I'm here for her and everything's going to be ok. Instead, I watch from a website hoping to hear an update. Instead I pray for her all day. It truly breaks my heart that I can't be there to help her through this difficult time. In life we take things like life for granite. We expect that everything is going to go right in a pregnancy. God humbles us by showing that we still need to put all of our trust in him. Thats exactly what Scott and Emily are doing. This is one of the most difficult times in their lives. It amazes me how people can go through life and not believe in God. How do they get through these difficult times? How do you face the next day when its full of uncertainty without trusting in God? That's how I'm making it out here. I know that God wants us out here right now. I would love to be selfish and stay in my comfort zone of home. If I did that, I would not grow. I would not meet new people that mold me into a better person. I would not be able to feel the love of my husband that I do now. I feel closer to him now than I have in 3 years. Out here we are only depending on each other. Moving here has done the best thing to our marriage.

Now its time to brag about my husband. He is so much happier in this career change. He has more energy when he comes home at night and is a more lovable person to be around. He's starting to slack on helping out around the house again but we got that turned around :) He is ahead of his training and his boss told him that he doesn't expect him to be here as long as they first anticipated. That's the only challenging part with a Hormel life. You never know when your spouse will come home to tell you that were moving. Jeff's doing a wonderful job as a sales trainee and I am so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment