Thursday, March 10, 2011

Were Here Part 2

After many hours of unwrapping and unpacking and organizing,  I feel the end is finally getting near. I can finally hit the stores and fill in the gaps with things that I need at this place to make it a home. Such as the kitchen is smaller than what we had. (I know hard to believe) Ok maybe its not smaller, just I didn't design it and they didn't use the cupboard/drawer space efficiently. This has "forced" me to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to search for organizers in order to fit everything (well at least the necessity items) in our kitchen. Believe me I have plenty of overspill.

When the boxes started to arrive here on Thursday I have to say, I have never seen so much cardboard and PAPER. Oh my goodness, the amount of paper they used. I think I killed one tree with just the amount of paper they used to wrap all my stuff. I've been told that they need to use that much paper so stuff won't break. Well I have to say that it worked. Only one thing has been broken and its replaceable.

My painting is yet to be completed. I think if we didn't have Netflix and if I didn't all of a sudden get addicted to a series on there, I would be a lot farther than I am. Oh and also if I didn't have to take care of a 10 month old. Moving is completely different with a child. Not looking forward to doing it the next time. I kept thinking that when I was unpacking all our stuff. This is only temporary and we WILL be moving again in 6-12 months.

After all the commotion of a move and unpacking, Savannah turned 10 months old. I woke up that morning realizing that now would be the time to start thinking about her 1st birthday. It didn't take me long to realize for the first time since knowing about the relocation that this never occurred to me. I couldn't throw the party I had been thinking about since she was born. I had to think of a new dream. But before coming up with a new dream, I had to throw myself a little pity party. I think that I deserved to be able to throw myself a little pity party. I have given up a lot this past year and Jeff has acknowledged it over and over. He has been very grateful for me not complaining about some of the sacrifices that came with flipping a house and going down to a one car. I feel like the benefits for all that sacrificing are just starting to play out. We now have a savings account again and no credit card debt! We have 2 cars! There is so many great things that this move has brought to us. So many opportunities and blessings. There is always a few thorns though. Being hours away from my family and friends. Not being able to celebrate Savannah's birthday with a big group of family members. But I know when we move back to the MN area in the future we will have big birthday parties. Right now it will probably just be the 3 of us plus any friends we make along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment