Wednesday, February 16, 2011

There's no 2 alike

I think one of the best things in life is getting married. Your husband will challenge you and teach you so many new things about yourself. I've learned to save more than I would have if I wouldn't have gotten married. It's so much fun learning about the differences you have at times. The way you think about something can be totally different than the way they see things.

So far this has been the best 9 months raising a child together. The way I would take care of Savannah is different than he would. I could go into lots of detail about such stories but I just wanted to share one that made me laugh so hard this past week. Jeff was trying to tell me that we could save money by potty training Savannah. In his mind, she's ready. (There's all kinds of laughter in my head as he says this) I told him if he really thinks shes ready that he can work on it this past weekend. He thinks its no big deal. You just have to watch for her "pooping face" and put her on the potty. (Like I have nothing else to do with my day besides watch my child's face for the "pooping face." So Saturday 8am came and Savannah started filling her diaper. I looked at him and said ok now you need to get her pants, onesie, and diaper off before she poops. Ready, set, go. (Big smirk) His excuse was she didn't have a potty her size. I just told him to hold her over the toilet. He thought that I was ridiculous for suggesting such a thing. Needless to say, there wasn't one clean diaper and not one attempt to get her to the potty. Do you think I have taught him its not possible yet?

1 comment: