Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ruffles, Frustration, and Determination

I set out yesterday afternoon with a sleeping baby. I held off her morning nap in order to get her to take a longer one in the afternoon so that I could sew more on her ruffle blanket. As I sat down at my sewing machine and started sewing, I soon realized the machine I had left working yesterday was all of a sudden all out of adjustment on tension. I fiddled around with the tension. Nothing. Rethreaded the machine. Nothing. Turned the machine off and back on. Nothing. Ok lets rethread again. Still nothing seemed to work. I still was getting the tangled thread look on the back of whatever I sewed. I seriously spent 2 hours working on this. Savannah was now up. I decided to throw in a movie for her to buy me some time and also give her a snack.

Yes there is a big pile of snacks on the floor but I didn't care. I will vacuum later. My sewing machine still isn't working. Now its been 4 hours and Jeff is home. I begged for him to do something to fix it. I was in no mood to talk and my frustration was growing by the hour. He kept asking if there was something he did because I was in a bad mood which just made me more frustrated. He should know better I was thinking. :) Today Jeff finally took it apart. There was a small ball of thread against the tension that was throwing it off. Today I spent the day working on her blanket. It didn't turn exactly like I wanted it to but I am proud of it because I know how long it took for me to make it and all the hard work I put into it. I will cry the first time Savannah spills something on it or worse throws up on it. It's cute enough to be fit for a princess right now though. 

2 comments:

  1. Heidi!! You did such a great job!! It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Katie. I worked really hard on it. I hope that Savannah will appreciate it when she gets a little older and understands the concept of a blanket. It's very heavy and I think keeps her very warm. She only woke up once last night. I may actually sleep again someday. :) Haven't slept a full night for a year now.

    ReplyDelete