Thursday, February 10, 2011

A mother's struggle

First off I want to apologize to my friend Jorgen. I try so hard not to write too many blogs about my mommy lifestyle now but this is whats really been on my mind. I hope you can put up with me for a little bit Jorgen :)

Savannah's doctor appointment went extremely well on Tuesday. Doctor said that she is teething on top and bottom but everything else appears to be in perfect health. She tipped the scales again this appointment with everything being at the 95+ percentile. I myself am disappointed that she is not crawling. She has no problem getting herself around places by scooting or rolling. She also has just learned how to take steps as I'm holding onto her. She sometimes tries to shake my hand away so she can dance but quickly realizes that she isn't that good yet. I feel saddened when I hear about another little baby that is crawling or reaching those milestones that I want her to reach so badly. I try to convince myself that its a good thing she's not crawling all over yet. But its kind of like when your in the last stretch of pregnancy and everyone is going into labor except you. You know its eventually going to happen for you but you can't help feeling sorry for yourself. I should know better than to fall into this trap. I think we may be doing some hardcore crawling practice this weekend. Time to build up some more muscles. I think personally that daddy is looking more forward to her crawling so he can chase her around than I am.

I have been working diligently on her ruffly comforter today. I'm giving myself until we get packed up to get it done. I don't want pieces of material packed away. So far I am very proud of how it's turning out. There is some things that I will do differently next time but not too shabby for first time around. You gotta start somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Will you post a pic of the comforter? I want to see!

    Stay positive, Heidi! She's got a great mom with her all day every day. She is beautiful and marvelous! :)

    ReplyDelete