Friday, January 7, 2011

Stay at home mom?

If you had asked me when I was in college what I would be doing in the next five years. Marriage and a stay at home mom lifestyle would have been at the bottom of my list. It's those special things in life that take you by surprise and makes you life just that much better. Jeff and I were talking the other night about how I life would have been different if we would have never met each other. The dreams that we each had envisioned post college. I had planned on moving to the cities and spending time in a downtown loft that I couldn't possibly afford but it was just too darn cute no to pinch every penny to make it work. I would go out on weekends with all my friends and pretty much have no strings attached. I would have landed this amazing job (probably not so realistic in this job market). Jeff was going to get a job (not Hormel) and live this amazing life too. He had similar outlooks to what I had in mind. Neither one of us envisioned ourselves "settling down".

I never would have realized how much enjoyment I had found now that I am a stay at home mom. I appreciate my husband so much for working so hard for not only me but to provide for his daughter and whatever future children we may have. It has taught me the true value in life. There is something so precious about being able to watch something you created discover new things. I feel that I would have missed out on a lot if I would have been career driven. I wait all day for nap time to come or for bedtime to come so that Savannah can go down for a little bit and I can get things done. I can't help but just sit and rock her now when she falls asleep. I know that this moment will not last and I want to soak up every ounce of it. The house can wait to be picked up from the days chaos. But those blissful moments of silence where life is so peaceful is such an opportunity for one to reflect on how great life is. I am truly one blessed person.

1 comment: