Monday, January 17, 2011

Planes, houses, and changes

I wish that I could be posting about the fact that we found a place to live but so far that is not the case. Jeff is flying back out there this weekend to do some additionally looking. Due to the snowstorm on Wednesday changing flight plans and the realtor rescheduling the day we looked at places it just didn't work out. We had the chance to look at about 9 places on Friday. Thursday was spent getting our bearings around Franklin. We got a bank account there and did some grocery store price shopping. I never realized how hard it would be to choose a place in such a short amount of time. I thought that I would be able to walk into a place and know that it was the right place. I loved the log cabin place but just too many cons and things that I would have to give up. I watched Savannah take a bath in the hotel after we had looked at places and my heart sank knowing that I would not be able to sit in the bathroom and give her a bath if we were to get the log cabin. The log cabin has a tight tank so any water that you use goes into the tank and you have to get it pumped out every so many weeks. It would change your whole mindset on how you view water. The location was ideal and the house was gorgeous. It was truly one of the hardest places to walk away from. We of course had to look at some places that I had to think "people actually live here." There was dead bugs in the window sills and it was just really really dirty.
Savannah did really well on the trip. She loved the plane ride. I smiled every time someone would say  "she's such a happy baby." I feel that with her colic for the first 4 months that I have in a way earned a happy baby. She also was teething the whole time. Tylenol and teething tabs quickly became our best friends. She learned a few things while we were gone too. She learned how to blow raspberries and pull her legs back when shes on her back to suck on her toes. I have been waiting for her to do that. It's just so adorable. She also now holds her legs up for me when I change her diaper. I don't know if she does that because she knows I need assistance with her diaper changes or because she thinks it's fun to hold her legs up. Either way I am loving the help. She absolutely loved the pool. I think I will be spending a lot of time this summer taking her swimming. Can hardly wait for that!!!
All in all it was a great trip and I think that it will be a great move. It was a beautiful state to drive around and there was a Dunkin Donuts literally on every corner. I may have to give up my pop addiction and switch to coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment