Saturday, January 29, 2011

Crib or bed?

Every night I put Savannah to sleep in her crib. By the time she wakes up for the first time which is usually around midnight I feel guilty for putting her in her crib because I go to pick her up and she's cold to the touch. Our house is pretty drafty in the bedrooms due to old windows. We wanted to replace them but with all the renovations, that one just didn't make it on the list of completion before the house went on the market. She does sleep in footy pajamas too so its not that I don't dress her with the appropriate bedtime attire. Our bed has a heated blanket and its a king size so I figure why not just crawl into bed with us. Half way through the night she's kicking me or I'm sweating so much from her laying next to me that back in the crib she goes. I overcome my guilt feeling with the desperation to get sleep. By the time Jeff goes to work Savannah is back up and yes back in bed with me since there is one less person in the bed. There is just something so special about being able to cuddle with your baby in the early morning and waking up to see them smiling at you.

It is official. We have signed a lease for our house in Massachusetts. Its just the type of place that I had pictured us living in. My stomach does cartwheels when I think about the backyard and how much fun Savannah and I will have playing back there this summer. I'm almost tempted to buy a kiddie pool that Target just happened to put out on their shelves now. How dare them!

Jeff and I are ready for this new adventure in our lives. For the most part every t is crossed and every i is dotted. Due to our house being sold we were able to pay off most of our debt which has made Jeff and I both bearable people to be around especially to each other. It's weird how much debt weighs on your shoulders.

Hormel Christmas party tonight. Can't wait to wear my dress, drink some wine, and interact with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment