Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The second time around

I am now 23 weeks pregnant. I have no idea where the time has gone but the rest of the time can't go fast enough either. I am anxious to meet the next little one and find out the gender. This pregnancy however is so much different than Savannah. I have been told that each pregnancy is different but like many other things, you don't have a clue what people are talking about until you are living it.

I am not as hungry as I was with Savannah. Sure I am eating more than I normally would consume but with Savannah I was constantly hungry. I didn't know if it was possible to get full with her and so I gained 50 lbs. I heard that it's harder to lose it with the second one so I'm watching what I'm eating. Trust me, I'm still eating more than my fair share of calories needed in a day.

Savannah jumping all over me is no fun. I feel like this baby never gets a chance to sleep. I feel sorry for it at times because they have to deal with the happenings of the house everyday. Plus my need to nest right now, doesn't give me much time to sit. My mind is constantly thinking about the next project that needs to get done. I think I will take a break during 3rd trimester. If my brain will let me.

When I was pregnant with Savannah, I would wake up at 5am with insomnia. Sometimes 4am. I would simply eat a little something, watch some tv, then head back to bed for a couple more hours of sleep. Now Savannah still wakes up at 5am, climbs into bed with me, and proceeds to kick me waking up the one that was sleeping. More tossing and turning, telling Savannah and baby to go back to sleep. By the time 8:30pm comes around, I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open.

With Savannah's pregnancy it felt like the weeks went by so slow. I went to counting days just so I felt like I was getting somewhere. All I can think now is pure panic at the fact that I'm not ready and this baby is coming what seems like tomorrow. I am so anxious to expand our family and watch it continue to grow. Until then, I will do mind races trying to figure out how I'm going to handle 2 and which double stroller is best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment