Monday, November 14, 2011

The other side of a stay at home mom

I am only writing this in the thought that I'm sure I am not the only one that has felt this way. I am talking about jealousy at moments. I get slightly jealous when Jeff goes to work in the morning because he gets to leave those crabby moments and associate with the real world. That jealousy is short lived and usually passes once Savannah wakes up from her nap. You know, once the mood has changed.

Jeff was at a National Sales Meeting these past 5 days. While he was gone I felt a little jealous as he was telling me about all the things he was doing and all the people he was talking to. Meanwhile, I had not talked to anyone since he left (in person). When talking to him on the phone, I want to be nothing but supportive. I feel as his wife, its my duty to encourage him and support him for giving me the opportunity to do the best gift in the world, raise our daughter and soon to be second child. Not many people get this opportunity so I want to make sure that he feels appreciated and loved for all his hard work. He does such a great job making sure I feel appreciated. I just want to make sure that I do the same in return. It's only human nature to feel some jealousy for the things another person gets to do that you don't get to do. That's when I need to remember how jealousy can ruin a relationship and turn to God for deliverance from this jealousy. I'm sure at times when he dreads going to work, he wishes he could stay at home with us.

Why do I share this? I'm sure some other mom feels jealous at times. I would love nothing more some days to drop all my responsibilities and go back to those college carefree days. I would love to be able to go out at night or go to the bathroom without encouragement standing next to me. Or the 3am 3ft visitor that comes to my bedside with all her most precious possessions asking to crawl in. I love the life I have but sometimes stupid jealousy comes creeping in. Must not allow it to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment