Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Mover's Heart

My friend Lynsee and I were talking the other day about how many times we had moved in such and such amount of years. With the move to Ohio, I finally sat down and recollected all the addresses Jeff and I have had since meeting/getting married. I never thought that I would even move once in my life let alone 8 times! So far! Growing up in a small town, thats all I knew and figured that's all I would ever know. Somehow I got this grand idea to go to college in my head. Who knew that I would pick a school in Wisconsin! And meet a boy there that would take me places I have never been.

When I got to college I had no intention on meeting someone. I kept my eyes peeled just in case but had one goal in mind and that was to beat my friend Jorgen at being the last to get married. (By the way, I have been married for almost 3 years and Jorgen is still winning. I should know better than to play against her!) When I met Jeff he was somebody I wasn't planning on dating or possibly even being interested in. He was not the guy I had envisioned in my head but his charm, passion for life, and compassion grew me to fall head over heels for him. I'm glad that I didn't let that opportunity pass me up for it has brought me a world full of joy. I have a beautiful daughter that I am blessed to stay at home with and another one on the way. He works beyond his means to achieve his dreams and provide for his family. It's an honor to stand by him.

With getting a job with the company he did it has brought us to move quite a bit. When moving to Massachusetts, I was so excited to make new friends and meet people right away to gain back what I had lost leaving Minnesota. I met one great friend in a mommy group and a bunch of other amazing moms at our church group that we became a part of. I was settling into my surroundings and loved being able to take Savannah to storytime. They had such a fabulous storytime program in MA. We were planning on being there for 6-9 months for training. It felt as if the time I said hello to all these people I was saying good-bye. I miss them each and every day. Moving to Ohio, has in a way hindered me from making too many friends because I'm always anticipating that phone call. The leaving of my friends so fast from our last move has in a way put a sting in my mouth to make friends here. We have been here for almost 4 months which is how long we were in MA before getting a call. I know that I should make the most of every move and take the opportunity each time to make friends, plant yourself in a church, and become associated with people in the area. Somehow I just have lost the drive to do this this time around. I'm waiting for our move where Jeff will say, "we will be here for a while." The only time it is hard not to have a lot of friends here is when Jeff is gone. This is his first trip away from us for a longer period of time (5 days). Usually there are a few overnights here and there. For now, I will enjoy the few good friends I have met here and anticipate the return of my other half home. The one that makes my life feel so much more complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment