Monday, November 12, 2012

Another transfer under the belt

The moving coordinator joked with me as we ran down all the list of items you can't pack and things to get in order for the move. She said she had to to go through the list with me despite the fact this was our third move in two years. I was ready to do her job. I have gotten to know my coordinator Mary very well. I also have my favorite driver who does a wonderful job taking care of our stuff. He is a hard worker and I know that when we get him, he will do a good job. He is a very very prompt person. That is underestimating that statement. On Tuesday last week when he was suppose to start packing we agreed upon 8am. Jeff left for work at 7:15 and said Alan was waiting in his truck right outside our development. I called Alan up and said that he was more than welcome to come early since I was already up for the day. I no more than hung up the phone to hear a knock on my door. So it was Alan, the kids, and I for 4 days.

A move with now TWO little ones that are both mobile has proven to be different than moving with ONE that is semi mobile. I lost track of Savannah more times than I care to count and Carson suckered me in with his pooty lip when I would set him down. I have to admit though. Watching him crawl after me and once getting to me I find another thing to do in another room. He instantly becomes a pancake and weeps in defeat. Its like he's saying "do you have any idea how much work it was to get here!?!"

We are slowly but surely getting settled in and feeling more at home each day that passes. Savannah asks less and less times a day if we are going home. I keep reminding her that her toys are here and her bed is here. No need to go home because you are home. Not quite grasping at that concept yet. With all the weeks activity, it has become easier to put the kids down for bedtime. Last night they were in bed by 7:15 and we were able to enjoy some quiet time to ourselves to recharge as a couple.

This house certainly is a dream come true. I never imagined that I would be living in a place like this or having an incredible family to go along with the dream. I have been blessed beyond measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment