Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just an update

I haven't written in a while mostly because I haven't had a whole lot to say and second because I had company for 9 days out of the month. We celebrated Savannah's birthday and enjoyed playing in our new pool. May just seemed to really fly by. I still am having a hard time believe that I can see my birthday in the 10 day forecast. Really not ready to face another birthday. I know your going to say your still young. For some reason birthdays just aren't as fun to face anymore. There's no presents and nothing really exciting about it anymore.

This week in our house, Savannah has been practicing on her walking skills. Not to good yet but is slowly getting there. She giggles with excitement every time she takes a step which I think really throws off her whole concentration. She takes about 3 steps at a time before falling. A few times she has made it 6 steps. With walking comes a whole new sense of trouble. She's getting stronger. This brings new abilities to open drawers that she once couldn't and open up the entertainment center to pull out all the dvds. Once in a while she manages to turn on the dvd player and play a movie for herself. Thanks Savannah, that will be a big help when another one comes along.

She has also become quite the fish in our big swimming pool. For some reason she screams when we are in the bathtub now. This started before the pool so I know thats not the reason. I was thinking it could be the ocean but she was screaming before the ocean too. This has been going on for over a week now. UGH the frustration. I enjoyed the time giving her a bath because she would sit and play while I called someone to catch up for 15-20 mins before bed. Now it takes everything I have to get her to sit down long enough for me to wash her up. As my aunt Rose says "It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind! =)" Ok Savannah, go ahead change your mind. I hope it doesn't last long.

Savannah has also grown very attached to a blanket. Now this morning she's added a friend to her attachments. A duck! Now when we go for a nap or wake up from a nap, the duck and the blanket come with us. I told my mom that I should count my blessings. At least she wasn't hard to wean from nursing, really isn't too attached to a bottle, and never took to a pacifier. Its just a blanket. Every child needs something that comforts them. She will lose the blanket eventually. Maybe when she goes off to college :).

Jeff is still doing great in his job. He loves everyone he works with. He feels that he is really doing something he loves. This was the reason he went to college. To sell bacon! Just kidding. He enjoys the ability to go out and talk to restaurants and sell products. It gives him a sense of accomplishment when he can make a sale or do really well at something. Everyone wants that ability. It is a huge learning environment. He feels as if he is learning something everyday. I know that I am incredibly proud of him and everything he does for our family. Without him, I would not have the ability to stay at home. Without him pushing me, I would have never tried new things. He told me the other day that I surprised him with the amount of things that I could do. Home maintenance is usually seen as the man's job but I do my best to do things to help him out. For instance, when we were remodeling our house in Austin, I went around and changed out outlets. I never imagined myself doing electrical work. Jeff taught me how and I just took it from there. It took me a couple hours to do it. I had some time so I figured I could do it so that we could take those couple hours that he would have spent doing it on something that he can only do or needs 2 people to do. We make up a really good team. I appreciate him so much for pushing me to grow. What do you get the greatest guy on Father's Day?

Nothing new here with me. Just doing the daily tasks of keeping up with a toddler and a husband. Always something to laugh and smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment