Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy 3 months

We have adjusted (for the most part) to being a larger family. Most days I feel I have this mom of 3 status down pat. I even think in the back of my mind that I could throw one more in the mix and I would survive. The days of Lauren's PICU stay and almost losing her scare is fading from my mind slowly as each day. She has a sun-kissed look about her now as we have spent many days out in the sun already.


Savannah and Carson have adjusted to her this past month. Carson LOVES being around baby Lauren. Its a great thing but a not so great thing. As I'm nursing her he is trying to climb on top of me to cuddle. I'm using  one arm to hold her and the other arm to push Carson away/save Lauren from being squished. I have to keep an extra close eye on her when she's on the floor because Carson sees her as a race track. He likes to zoom his cars up and down her then giggle. Lauren does not find the humor in it as much.

Savannah is at such a fun age now. She likes to explain the world to me and I can't help but laugh at some of the things she comes up with. She's into expressing herself and very dramatically I might add. It was 4:00 yesterday and she was starving. I said to her that she needed to wait for dinner to be done. In a dramatic state she says "mommy my tummy hurts from being sooo hungry. It makes me sad. When I get sad it makes me cry. Mommy do you want to make me cry?" Ok child a theatre role may be in your future. She starts preschool August 11th. I remember when she was born that the days seemed to go by so slowly. I wanted her to walk and that seemed like it was going to be forever away and I had plenty of time to enjoy her. In reality, the days are slow but the years go by so quickly. She's potty trained, walked, and talking my ear off. Soon she will put on her backpack and wave good bye to me to enter school. I only have 2 more years of her being at home most of the days. I'm going to enjoy them while I can.

Carson is 2. Enough said! He talks but not everything is audible. I can get the gist of what he is saying. He throws tantrums. He has these dark brown eyes that look at you and you can't help but melt. He is a toddler trying to embrace his independence and his mean parents won't let him. Like strapping him down in the stroller so he doesn't run into the street. How unkind of us  ;)

Thats all I have time to write today. Savannah is pulling me away, begging to play a game. How could I possibly say no?!

No comments:

Post a Comment