Monday, May 5, 2014

Between a rock and a hard place

This vaccine debate and posting articles on facebook regarding vaccines is enough to break my heart. I have stopped vaccinating my kids a year ago. I had a really bad feeling every time I brought them to the doctor and I had to hold my child down to get them injected. I didn't know why I had this feeling but slowly this past year it has become clearer to me. The more research I have done, the more I kick myself for not looking into these things sooner.

I'm not sure if you remember but Savannah used to have vomiting spells. She would throw up for a day for no reason at all. We went to countless doctors to get first opinions, then second opinions, then to a GI doctor. It all led to dead ends and driving home in tears wondering what I was going to do with my sick child. I missed out on fun things because my child was sick. Carson also failed to gain weight after 4 months. He spit up so much and also went to doctors to check everything out. Everything checked out great and he was diagnosed with acid reflux. He was put on medicine at birth but I only gave it to him for a few weeks as I wasn't noticing a difference at that time. When he was put back on it around month 10, he had an allergic reaction to it once the dose was doubled (doubled because he weighed more). I had 2 very sick kids.

I decided to stop vaccinating and do some research after I read an article where a certain individual didn't understand why their newborn needed a Hep B vaccine. The chance of your child catching Hep B is so extremely rare. I started questioning how many other ones weren't necessary for a child so young. Especially for my kids who aren't in daycare. I came upon people talking about their children throwing up after a vaccine. I all of a sudden had a realization that this could be the cause of all our troubles. This was a reaction to something I was doing to them.

I should have done better. I should have read the ingredient list. I never realized that vaccines are also made from aborted fetal tissue. As a christian, I do not believe in abortions. That's a whole other debate but thats my personal belief. I feel I am encouraging abortion by vaccinating my child.

To have my case proven is just impossible. I am having the most impossible time finding a doctor that will take us because we do not vaccinate. We are judged and it doesn't matter the reason. I feel I am doing what I need to do to protect my children from longer suffering. A mother's intuition is usually right on. I've been right about a lot of other things. So why do I write this? I want my story out there and to hopefully not be judged further for not vaccinating my kids. I don't want to be looked at like I am a crazy person for even thinking this. Before you judge me or think I'm crazy, do your own research. We have a higher chance of being in a car accident than catching a deadly disease. All I have to do now days is mention I don't vaccinate and people tell me what a horrible mom I am. I am not a horrible mom.

Savannah hasn't had a single vomiting spell in a year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment