Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How can she be 2??

Birthdays are completely different now that I'm a mom. I reminisce  all day long about what I was doing 2 years ago at this time. What the pain was like. The emotions Jeff and I were going through as we were about to become parents for the first time. I remember sitting in Savannah's room every day just dreaming about what she would be like or who she would become. There's nothing like the thrill of becoming a parent for the very first time. I didn't go through exactly the same emotions when I had Carson. I knew what was coming (pain wise) and what was all involved in taking care of a newborn. It was more of "how am I going to handle two?"


Bringing Savannah into the world was a bumpy ride but we made it through. She entered the world 2 years ago in room 310 at 3:10. She did not take her time getting here either. I went through 4 hours total of labor. I started feeling contractions at 11:30 after they broke my water. I pushed for 15 minutes before she was out. She was perfect. We knew she was a girl and had her name already chosen for her. I held her in my arms and for a moment the world stopped as I stared at my first child. Such an incredible feeling bringing a child into the world. I'm glad God gave me the privilege of being her mom and am thankful for each day he gives us with her. She may have her parents stubbornness but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy birthday to the light of my life. Mommy's favorite little girl and early morning snuggle bunny. She more hops on top of me than snuggles.

This week also marks when we started trying for our second child. Don't worry people, not trying for another one yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment