Friday, May 4, 2012

Another round of check ups complete

Today we had our round of wellness visits. I decided to get them both in together to hopefully start a cycle of joining visits. I don't need to go to the doctor anymore than we have to. It was Carson's "2month" check up. Even though he is 2.5 months now. It was Savannah's 2 year appointment and they complained about doing her appointment 4 days before her birthday. I wasn't going to do shots for her anyways.

The check up went very well for both of them. Carson is 14 lbs 11 ozs and 24.25 inches. He weighs less and is longer than Savannah was at this point. Savannah is 32 lbs and 34 inches. Both are growing quickly and are doing fantastic as far as the growth chart. I always cringe when the issue of immunizations come up in the appointment. I hate the thought of all those vaccines in such a little person. It's such a hard role as a parent to know what is right for your child. I know people have had their children get adverse affects to the vaccines but I also know that it protects against harmful diseases. No wonder mom's get gray hair! Not only do you have to make sure that you are protecting them against these diseases but then you have to worry about what they put in their mouth(food and other misc objects), if you are buying the best carseat, and making sure your child doesn't watch too much tv. Being a mom is a joy and such a fun job but like any other job, it is also very stressful at times.

For today I can relax until June 29th when I am faced with the shots decision when Carson has his 4 month check up.

No comments:

Post a Comment