Friday, November 7, 2014

Saying good-bye is never easy

November 9th, 2012 was the day we closed on our home here in Sellersburg. It's almost been exactly 2 years. Where did that time go? I remember Jeff coming home to tell me that we were moving to Kentucky. I thought who would ever want to move to Kentucky?! We found the perfect house after dragging our realtor around all day looking at houses. That poor guy had major ear pain that day too. None of them quite felt like home until we drove through the Yorktown neighborhood. This neighborhood has been filled with countless friends and good times. Jeff, the kids, and I have enjoyed walking the streets of our development. I never imagined my life would be as great as it is here when I was first told those words 2 years ago.

Another 30 days from now we will be watching our lives get packed up from our perfect home in Sellersburg. I will back out of that driveway and drive to our new home in Illinois. I'm not good with change. You would think by now that I would be but I'm still not. I know why I'm moving and I know that I am being the best wife I can be by supporting my husband with his career endeavors. It still does not make leaving the wonderful friendships we've made here any easier to leave. This is the house I found out we were expecting our "surprise". This is the house that we brought her home in. This is the first house that Savannah actually is realizing is our house. She knows we live by a blue water tower.

I went on bed rest with Lauren at 31 weeks pregnant. I had neighbors, friends from church, and family all checking in to make sure that I was taken care of. They supported me to make sure that I could do everything possible to carry a baby to term. I had a wonderful friend Carrie who set up a meal train for me and took my kids a couple times without hesitating. Our house sits 2 doors down from an elderly couple. They moved 17 times in their life so far. They also have 3 kids of their own and she knows my heart. She knows the emotions I'm going through. I have my best friend here. I can walk or drive 3 doors down to find a friend for Carson to play with. He loves his buddy Landon. We won't be having our daily grilled cheese sandwiches and joking about how our 2 year olds are driving us crazy. Friendship and laughter really is the best medicine to make it through the toddler stage.

There's so many great adventures that are awaiting us in Illinois. I know that in my head. My heart still wants to stay in Sellersburg. All of you have made it such a welcoming place to be. I will miss each and every one of you. Please pray for our family. Pray for a smooth transition. Pray for friendships to be made in our new area and that we will be able to get connected there. Pray that my nerves will be calm with all the changes happening in the next 4-8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment